The Goulburn Pumping Station on the Wollondilly River was opened in 1866 to supply water for the municipality of Goulburn. It was built from 1885-1866 and includes the historic Appleby Steam Engine which is contained in the pumping station. The facility is the only complete workable beam engine-powered municipal water supply left in its original location in the Southern Hemisphere. It is now the Goulburn Historic Waterworks Museum.
Image from www.goulburnwaterworks.com.au